Phillips is a global high-tech contract manufacturer and custom injection molder of plastic and metal with annual sales of over $250 million. Serving the medical, defense, consumer and automotive industries for more than 46 years, Phillips delivers innovative manufacturing solutions that meet the performance and quality demands of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity available NOW for a PROJECT ENGINEERING MANAGER
# Direct activities of project engineers which includes functions such as: cost estimating, tool engineers, process engineers, sample engineers and engineering technicians work scope
# Support the transition phase of projects from development (Gate Review) to production approval.
# Promote an atmosphere of continual improvement by working collaboratively with all Phillips Plastics people.
# In partnership with the DDC Engineering Manager successfully transition programs from development to production.
# Plan the development of new processes and programs for manufacturing.
# Responsible to direct and lead cost estimating process ensuring PPC Manufacturing utilizes leading edge innovation and technology.
# Communicate effectively with external and internal customers.
# Keep management informed regarding project status.
# Responsible for managing the project management P&L and the objectives to drive results.
# Responsible for ensuring actions support business development and project engineering timelines.
# Ensure policies, procedures, and work instructions are adhered to consistently and equitably for all areas led.
# Stay current on new and/or updated technology, manufacturing practices and processes related to the core business within the facility.
# Work with tooling in the planning of new tools and fixture designs.
# Facilitate communication between engineering, manufacturing and tool room.
# Develop long-term plans for new processes and equipment.
# Actively participate in continual improvement, corrective action and customer satisfaction.
# Recognize hazards, human or product, and take required action to eliminate them.
# Use equipment properly and know the safety features.
# Continually keep surrounding work area clean to prevent possible safety hazards.
# Report accidents and injuries to management resource.
# Actively lead an aggressive safety and health program including guidelines, education, and reporting to ensure that a safe, healthful, and productive work environment exists at all times.
# Know and understand yours and /or others impact on the environment and take all necessary actions to reduce or eliminate negative impacts.
# Wear applicable personal protective equipment.
# Follow applicable safety, quality, and environmental programs, policies, and procedures.
Requirements Qualifications - Education & Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or equivalent mix of education and experience.
* Minimum eight years applied engineering experience.
* Working knowledge of process control equipment.
* Broad knowledge of materials and processes.
* Demonstrated knowledge of engineering systems.
Qualifications - Skills & Competencies
* Personal & interpersonal skills, including, but not limited to, caring about others, integrity and trust, listening, humor, ethics, and values.
* Ability to partner effectively with peers.
* Strong and effective communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation.
* Good judgment; showing strong business acumen, decision quality, intellectual horsepower, perspective, and problem solving.
* Courage indicated by strength of character, and ability to deal with trouble and make tough people calls.
* Catalyst for change.
* Organizational agility and political savvy.
* Proficient computer skills.
* Knowledge of injection molding, plastics/metal materials and associated processes.
* Ability to establish systems and processes.
Find Jobs - Project Engineering Manager-#POS3527 Jobs in Menomonie, Wisconsin - Phillips Plastics Corporation