*** To be considered, applicants must follow the procedure outlined below.***
For over 65 years Rice Lake Weighing Systems has been a successful, growth-oriented company known as a leader in the weighing industry and our community. Located in scenic northwestern Wisconsin just 90 miles from Minneapolis, RLWS offers big city careers in a small town atmosphere.
Would you like to join a team focused on producing high-quality technical publications? As a Web Developer for Rice Lake Weighing Systems you’ll work closely with Marketing, MIS and other departments to carry out a wide range of web-development tasks, focusing on coding, SEO, database development, and server-side administration for both Internet and Intranet-related projects.
· Design, develop, optimize and maintain web sites and applications utilizing an ASP.net/MySQL/XML environment with some legacy PHP applications
· Coding and content updates, platform testing and implementation, and maintaining cross-browser compatibility
· Implement SEO practices and strategies and prepare traffic statistics reports
· Aid in the development of both Internet and Intranet-related projects, and implement third party systems
· Search for, diagnose and repair website errors
· BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience preferred
· 3-5 years web-development experience with a proven technical aptitude in servers, databases and web-development language
· Advanced proficiency in HTML, ASP.net/VB.net/MySQL/XML, CSS
· Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Web Expression or other Microsoft-related development tools
· Ability to multitask and prioritize a large volume of internet/intranet projects
· Thorough knowledge of browser compatibility issues for all platforms/major browsers
· Ability to take broad user requirements and translate requirements into robust code
· Working knowledge of Adobe® Design Premium CS5
· Ability to create flash animations
· Ability to edit and produce videos
RLWS is a successful, energetic, customer-driven organization that offers competitive wages, great working conditions, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, disability, life, vacation, sick time, holidays, profit sharing, 401k, 401k matching and wellness benefit programs.
This position requires on-site presence at our Corporate Headquarters in Rice Lake, Wisconsin; telecommuting is not available. However, reasonable relocation assistance is available.
*** Qualified applicants should send a cover letter with salary requirements in the body of an e-mail and attach their resume in MS Word format to:
Rice Lake Weighing Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Rice Lake Weighing Systems is a Substance Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug screens.