Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Saturday, July 16, 2011
The purpose of the Specialist role is to lead, facilitate, and coordinate the Andersen Management System (AMS) development and deployment in operations. This position takes a supporting role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service, and employee engagement within a value stream or multiple processes. The Specialist coaches, trains, supports, and develops teams of associates at all levels.
- Support site leadership teams (Value Stream Manager, supervisors, etc.) in the deployment of lean tools and techniques by helping them develop and implement a change strategy and continuous improvement plan.
- Deliver AMS workshops and assist others to deliver AMS / Lean training; facilitate internal benchmarking activities.
- Plan and coach Kaizen and continuous improvement activities; participate in and support site-level events and projects.
- Develop lean tools and reference materials for the Bayport manufacturing site in partnership with the Corporate AMS Office.
- BS or equivalent in Engineering, Lean Manufacturing management or related field, or 5 years of lean manufacturing experience;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate groups and teams;
- Demonstrated ability to effect change;
- Experience in facilitating lean transformation;
- Must be able to influence and motivate individuals and groups to seek change;
- Recognize opportunities and challenges the status quo;
MPS is currently working with one of the top machine companies in Western Wisconsin to aid in their search for multiple Quality Inspector positions. This is an excellent way to get your foot in the door with a growing company!
Job duties are as follows:
- Inspection of mechanical parts relating to quality, appearance and performance
- Inspection of assemblies relating to quality, appearance and performance
- Determines reasons for defects.
- Must be able to read and understand quality/control plans, blue prints and specifications
- Measure parts dimensionally, using CMM, GD &T, precision testing equipment, including Tool Scope, micrometer, caliper, and other various hand inspection tools
Qualified candidates MUST possess the following:
- High school diploma/GED (2 or 4 year degree preferred)
- Ability to pass a background check
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a quality inspector
- MUST have minimum 1 year of experience working with CMM's
- Knowledge about inspection equipment use and maintenance
- Ability to communicate inspection results with team members
- Ability to quickly shift priorities in support of production inspection needs
- Must be able to maintain organization and meet multiple deadlines
- Experience with measuring instruments, methods and practices including hand tools and machine devices including Micrometers, Calipers, Pin Gages and CMM's
- Quality training/ certifications is a plus
- Competent with Microsoft Office
***A large manufacturing firm is looking for a strong MIG welder***
-The firm produces a large variety of custom fabricated parts, they are looking for long term workers!
-3 plus years MIG welding experience on large products
-Some TIG welding experience would be a plus
-Some Pulse Arc experience would be a plus
-MUST have strong blueprint reading skills
There are 1st and 2nd shift positions available!
- Health, Dental, Vision and more
Friday, July 1, 2011
What Administration contributes to Cardinal Health
Administration is responsible for performing a variety of administrative activities in support of functional areas or for specific projects
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of administrative function and skills
- Performs basic office functions such as file set up and maintenance, arranging meetings, managing calendars, travel arrangements, and receiving and distribution of mail for functional area and/or special projects
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes data using a limited number of software packages when necessary
- Complies with confidentiality policies and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality around work
- Uses basic software knowledge and skills to get work done
- Follows appropriate office procedures for function
- Responds to routine requests for information
- Maintains office equipment
Improving sales, return on investment, profits, market penetration.
Procurement, training, and development of personnel.
Supporting NAPA systems and programs.
Wanting a career and not just another job.