The purpose of the Specialist role is to lead, facilitate, and coordinate the Andersen Management System (AMS) development and deployment in operations. This position takes a supporting role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service, and employee engagement within a value stream or multiple processes. The Specialist coaches, trains, supports, and develops teams of associates at all levels.
- Support site leadership teams (Value Stream Manager, supervisors, etc.) in the deployment of lean tools and techniques by helping them develop and implement a change strategy and continuous improvement plan.
- Deliver AMS workshops and assist others to deliver AMS / Lean training; facilitate internal benchmarking activities.
- Plan and coach Kaizen and continuous improvement activities; participate in and support site-level events and projects.
- Develop lean tools and reference materials for the Bayport manufacturing site in partnership with the Corporate AMS Office.
- BS or equivalent in Engineering, Lean Manufacturing management or related field, or 5 years of lean manufacturing experience;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate groups and teams;
- Demonstrated ability to effect change;
- Experience in facilitating lean transformation;
- Must be able to influence and motivate individuals and groups to seek change;
- Recognize opportunities and challenges the status quo;